FORUMS: list search recent posts

User columns

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Helms
User columns
on Sep 26, 2011 at 8:06:46 am

Hi!
I use the CatDV workgroup with a 2 license. What I wondered was this. If I set user columns up on one machine - is there a way of copying these settings to my other machine or do I have to type them in on both machines?

Kind regards Henrik

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
Re: User columns
on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:41:29 pm

Hi Henrik,

Go to: User/Library/Preferences/ and locate your CatDV preferences file. Drag a copy to your desktop and send it to your other computer.

On the other computer, place this preferences file in the same place on that system that you got it from on the other. (User/Library/Preferences/) It will overwrite your existing preferences file.

You may need to have your license code handy as CatDV will lose the registration so you will need to re-register. Once this is done, CatDV on both computers should have exactly the same fields and layouts.

I hope that helps,
Whitney

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:47:06 pm

Actually I found an easier way. Under the Tools menu you can export preferences.

kind regards Henrik

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:31:40 pm

Exporting preferences is new in version 9.0 users of previous version should do what Whitney describes. The Enterprise Server stores the preferences on the server so users get them when the sign on or switch production groups!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]