FORUMS: list search recent posts

Searched word gets highlighted when hit

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Raudonis
Searched word gets highlighted when hit
on Mar 2, 2010 at 12:27:55 am

First of all, I'm lovin' CATdv. As I get deeper into the program I've bumped on something things that I can't figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

We have interviews. We have transcripts. We've "Pasted Special" to automatically link timecode references from the text transcripts to markers in the QT file. Very cool! Now when doing a global search, I can type in any word found in the transcript, and CATdv will parse all of the possible hits leaving just the single file which contains the word I've searched. This is great, but I'm wondering if there's a way for the "found" word to become highlighted in the transcript (or log notes).

Microsoft Word does this when doing "find" or "Find all" or "Find Next". It basically highlights the text string you've searched, making it easy to find the proverbial needle in a haystack. If CATdv already does this, and I didn't RTFM close enough, sorry for wasting everyone's time. If it doesn't, then this would be a great feature to incorporate.

Thanks for your help.

Mark Raudonis

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Searched word gets highlighted when hit
on Mar 2, 2010 at 9:55:36 am

Hi Mark

What you want to do is to enable the HTML summary panel goto Prefs > Customise details panel then check the HTML summary checkbox. This will put a new panel up on the interface .It will highlight as you desire all the "hits" for your quick search..

Kevin Duggan
CatDv

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Searched word gets highlighted when hit
on Mar 2, 2010 at 3:12:23 pm

Kevin,

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]