FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking into catdv

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Verwymeren
Looking into catdv
on Sep 2, 2011 at 10:05:46 am

Our organization is currently looking into catdv for cataloging our assets. I've emailed them about three days ago and haven't heard a response. I'll repost the email here and hopefully I can get some answers to some of the questions I have. Thanks.

We've been looking into some of the CatDv products and had some additional questions.

1. Is there a simple breakdown of the difference between workgroup/etnerprise server editions?
2. Whats the price for each?
3. Can I get a demo copy?
4. We are a non profit educational institution, is there special pricing for that?

Here's our basic workflow, I'm hoping that your products can help us out with this:

1.Aquire footage in the field. Mainly in XDCAM EX.
2. Dump card contents into a system that can extract some of the meta data associated with it.
3. Catalog footage in a logical way. Additionally, automatic transcription (like in premiere) would be a huge bonus.
4. Allow multiple users (on different computers) to view, search, and catalog footage.
5. Gather footage you want to use and easily use it in FCP 7.
6. Also some kind of organisation of project files would be nice.

Anyways hope that gives you a basic idea of what we're after. Hopefully you can help me understand what your products can offer. Thanks,

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Looking into catdv
on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:18:09 pm

HI Nick
to answer your points 1-6 Yes to all . Native workflows can be achieved with the addition of Calibrated Softwares codecs and our MXF option. The Product matrix is on our website. Matt Stamos of JB&A can get you demo codes and give you the pricing , which depends very much on what suits your needs.

Hope this helps

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:43:50 pm

Thanks Kevin
Nick email me offline and we will assist in answering your pricing, purchasing and demo license questions. The subtle and not so subtle differences between the server versions will be mush more clear once you have a demo license and a chance to explore the software in more detail. In the meantime look here. http://www.squarebox.co.uk/matrix.html

matts@jbanda.com

Return to posts index

Nick Verwymeren
on Sep 2, 2011 at 10:16:49 pm

Thanks heaps for the quick replies. Will do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]