FORUMS: list search recent posts

CAT DV XMP metadata

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Watkins
CAT DV XMP metadata
on Feb 22, 2010 at 10:24:52 am

Hi sorry if this is a stupidly obvious question but I were are currently using Adobe Bridge to organize our media (by adding XMP keywords to the files).

Can CatDV import this meta data with the vidoe files in a usable manner?

Return to posts index

Allan White
Re: CAT DV XMP metadata
on Feb 23, 2010 at 9:22:56 pm

Great question. XMP is most commonly used with image files, though I know it can be extended for use with video.

A great feature request if it's not already in there. Standards are a good thing.

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, XSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Feb 24, 2010 at 5:23:05 pm

Hey there,

Sorry for the lag. I'd never done this but I did a little testing and yes, at least some of the xmp stuff is picked up and mapped.

It's always a matter of which fields, but my quick test on a psd file showed that at least description and headline come over. More testing might reveal more.

You'll see that a ton of the raw image data comes in, all of the QT stuff and then it looks like quite a few fields from the XMP stuff.

Depending on how flexible bridge is, (never used it, myself) and how many images, I'll bet you could get a good bunch of your data over.

What size library are you looking to convert?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 25, 2010 at 1:21:45 pm

We don't currently have specific support for XMP. There's limited support, in that it will sometimes tag a clip with the entire XML text, but we don't yet pull out the individual fields and display them sensibly. This should hopefully come quite soon though.

Return to posts index

Lee Taylor
on Jul 11, 2012 at 6:51:30 pm

We bought 1 license to try out CatDV intending to buy many more licenses for our team of loggers. As I said in a post I put up today, the logging flexibility is great and just what we need. However, we are already locked in to another DAM program and need to be able to receive XMP files from logged video material. Your post is from February, 2010 saying you will have XMP exporting support "soon". How much longer is "soon"? Unfortunately, we are at the point that we must lock ourselves in to some program in a few months.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:00:00 pm

I don't think we said anything about XMP export. CatDV 9 supports importing XMP metadata from most common media files however.

Return to posts index

Lee Taylor
on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:20:22 pm

So I guess the answer is, if a customer needs XMP export capability, they need to look to other products.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]