FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing fields

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Snowdy
Editing fields
on Aug 4, 2011 at 5:49:33 pm

I have CatDV server and some CatDV Pro clients.
I mostly want to start out trying to manage this whole mountain of media we've accumulated.

We will manually archive with a ProMax ProSTOR.

I'm interesting in manually tracking if media is online or offline.

I want to know if a read only pre-defined field (the Online field in the Normal view) can be modified to allow edits. Or would a user field be better? I'd like it to make sense to the system if we were to add an archive that was aware of the state of the Online field.

Also, is there a simple way to select a large group of clips and change one value? I'd like to select a few hundred clips after I archive them and mark them all as archived and do the reverse when they are restored.

Thanks

Dave

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Editing fields
on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:11:59 pm

Hey, as a best practice, I'd leave the defaults alone.

Mainly because "online" isn't arbitrary, it shows the system if it can work with a file, if a script can run etc.

I'd create a USER field to handle the archive status, if I were doing it.

As to changing the clips all at once, yes, if you watch my demo on YouTube, it's one of the first things I do.

Select All clips in the catalog or query results.

Find the field you want to change in the Details Panel.

Change it and save. All records are updated.

Was your rig sold without integration or training? A day or two of setup and training will save you weeks of guessing and posting.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Dave Snowdy
Re: Editing fields
on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:46:58 pm

Thanks.
Yes. We still have about 2 days of integration and training due us. We got the system from Promax. They have been very helpful.
Because of budgeting we decided to get remote setup and to supply our own server. So far they've installed and configured all the software and hardware. I wanted to get a little more familiar with the system, straighten up some media and then get the editors and producers involved to determine the workflow.
So far I really like it.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]