FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy notes field from one catalog to another same clip names (almost)

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Copy notes field from one catalog to another same clip names (almost)
on Jul 26, 2011 at 12:57:59 pm

I have 2 catalogs...I went through and made notes in the notes column in one catalog (640 clips), but they weren't the full res clips. (don't ask why I did that)

I have a catalog with the same number of clips, with the same names...with the exception of an appended _TC Proxy on the end of all the clips name.

Is there a way to take the entire notes field from one catalog and apply it to the other catalog with the exact same BEGINNING names?

(I know I'm asking alot here)

-Jason

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Copy notes field from one catalog to another same clip names (almost)
on Jul 27, 2011 at 12:04:58 am

You can cut and paste them record by record, or, if it's enough work you could get it done at the command line by one of our techs if you need. (Rolf usually does this sort of thing but he's kind of hard to get)

How many records is it? Could you do it manually?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:11:25 am

About 640 entries...some were duplicated. I already finished...thank god for summer help! :)

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 27, 2011 at 9:18:40 pm

Oh dear if you've already done it the hard way, but yes, you can do it quite easily using the Copy and Paste Metadata commands. If you have two lists of clips, with the same number of clips in each (and in the same order) you can select and copy the first list of clips and paste selected fields onto the next list.

(That's how it works if you select two lists of clips of the same length. The other way of using that command is to select a single source clip as a kind of template and copy metadata from that onto onto all the destination clips.)

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Jul 28, 2011 at 1:25:27 am

A many to many copy paste is what I call it, this works extremely well and could likely do all 640 clips all at once.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jul 28, 2011 at 2:35:57 am

As I said, thanks for summer help! It only took about 30 minutes...no big deal

I did play with it a bit, going through bulk edit. I tried copy/paste but it was just pasting the clips into the catalog...not just the metadata. Is it a "paste metadata" command in the edit menu? I didn't see it there.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Jul 28, 2011 at 2:39:01 am

Be sure you have the advanced menus checked in the general tab of the preferences to see the Pate Metadata command under the edit menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]