FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embed .Bwav

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Starkey
Embed .Bwav
on Jul 22, 2011 at 4:27:21 pm

Hello,

We have the server Enterprise edition. We are liking the program a lot. How do you embed the metadata into the file? For example I want to export the metadata to a .bwav and have it searchable at other facilities without access to the catalog? I would need this for tagging music compositions and original sfx's.

Thanks,
Brad

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Embed .Bwav
on Jul 22, 2011 at 10:15:38 pm

The CatDV approach has always been to store metadata in a separate catalog, not in the media itself. There are pros and cons to either approach. It's obviously convenient to have metadata in the file but there are many disadvantages also:
- there are many different types of media file container not all of which support metadata
- a file might sit on shared storage and two people accessing it want to describe it in different ways
- a file might be on a read only mediun
- a file might be offline
For all these reasons CatDV doesn't attempt to store metadata in the file. Instead, you can export metadata in various ways and send a separate XML or batch file with your media.

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
Re: Embed .Bwav
on Jul 25, 2011 at 5:37:08 pm

I see. Thanks for the reply. So can anyone offer advise if I do want to send the files off to another site. Which type of xml or batch file would be most useful for another facility that uses Sound miner, Itunes or even Spotlight? Any 3rd party software that I could import all Metadata,from catdv, and then create embedded .wav's?

Thanks,
Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]