FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create PDF from catalog?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Create PDF from catalog?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:58:55 pm

I need to create an electronic version of some media to a group that needs to look through about 700 clips...with searchable metadata and proxies (I've already created).

Is there a function to send a catalog to a viewable file format like a PDF?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Create PDF from catalog?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 5:17:11 pm

Yes load the view you want to export list grid or thumbnail and select under the edit menu print current view.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:04:54 am

I'm about 80% of the way there...thanks for this post! :)

One more question, how can I make text larger? I'm using a modified view using poster frame and thumbnail sequence view, but notes in my text field are very small. Also, if they go too long, they get cropped. Even with a hard return in the field.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 27, 2011 at 8:59:36 pm

Print as an HTML Formatted view, that will wrap a long Notes field onto as many lines as it takes.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jul 28, 2011 at 2:30:15 am

Thanks Rolf...that worked perfectly.

I'm printing to PDF after outputting via HTM and the page breaks are breaking the fields into pieces.

I have 3 text fields below a filmstrip thumbnail...is there anyway to force the name-thumbnail-and 3 text fields all together and break to new page instead of breaking them apart?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 28, 2011 at 9:24:18 pm

There isn't I'm afraid, other than printing them out one by one. We'll make a note to look into adding an option for that however.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]