FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML files

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whitney Sickels
XML files
on Jul 18, 2011 at 9:07:43 am

Hello,

We are trying to export a catalog's XML files and match them to their corresponding videos. However, we are having trouble linking a video to its specific XML file. The field is a free-text field and does not match the .mov file name of the video. I assumed that the Import Source / IS1 field would work, but this is not included in the XML data. Is this a field that can be added to the XML file? Is there another field I should be looking for to link to the video correctly?

Cheers,
Whitney

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: XML files
on Jul 18, 2011 at 9:49:40 am

What kind of XML are you exporting?

If you save a CatDV XML Index that saves a file called index.xml in each directory with the media containing any metadata that you've added, so if you reimport that folder without having the original catalog file you can pick up the metadata. The entries in index.xml file are indexed by the filenames in that directory.

If you're exporting an XML file to read into another application you should use the Export As > CatDV XML File... command. The resulting xml file includes a tag which has the full media file path.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 18, 2011 at 9:51:17 am

Oh dear, the forum doesn't escape HTML markup!

I meant to say, the xml file contains a

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 18, 2011 at 9:52:15 am

I give up. You can't include escaped entities either. MEDIAPATH tag.

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
on Jul 18, 2011 at 10:32:36 am

Hi Rolf,

I tried exporting the CatDV XML Indexes, but the Import Source field is not there.

We are sending video files and XMLs to the company that hosts our online photo and soon to be video database and they are not able to match up the video with the correct XML file. The only information they have for the video is the .mov name so it seems Import Source would be the correct field for them to correctly identify the video to its XML. Do you agree? Should we be going about this in another way?

Cheers,
Whitney

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:17:56 am

That's what I'm saying: don't use Export CatDV XML Index(es), use Export As CatDV XML File instead. That way, the file path you want will be accessible in the MEDIAPATH field.

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:20:48 am

Ah, we were sending CatDV XML Files, but they weren't sure which field to use. I'll let them know they can find the .mov name in the MEDIAPATH field. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]