FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Server on Snow Leopard Server?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan White
CatDV Server on Snow Leopard Server?
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:28:13 pm

Greetings. We're updating our studio to Snow Leopard, and my CatDV Server won't complete its startup. MySQL doesn't seem to have the permissions. I thought it was running as the root user.

I'm not surprised this happened, as I haven't updated the CDV Server in a while (I think it's 5.0.0).
  • Is there a point update for the 5.x server line?

• We plan on upgrading to CDVS 6 (and CDV 8) soon, but wanted to ask first.

• Is there something I need to do on Snow Leopard server to make it work? I'm pretty sure MySQL and the other web-serving components are different from Leopard. I didn't see any trouble when moving from 10.4 to 10.5 before, though.

Thanks! Any insight is appreciated.

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, XSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: CatDV Server on Snow Leopard Server?
on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:07:21 pm

I'm not sure why upgrading to Snow Leopard server doesn't work for you. Please send an email to support@squarebox.co.uk with exact details of any errors you're seeing so we can investigate.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
bryson jones
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:00:22 pm

One note on Snow Leopard Server. When it boots, by default, it's in 64bit mode. (at least ONE Apple Product is) ;) Anyway, that's caused us all kinds of problems with third party software so it's recommended, for now, to drop it into 32bit for a while.

Here's the Apple kbase article on making the 32 bit boot "stick".

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773

This may not be the problem you are having but it's something we've seen.

Also, I don't know if it's been covered here but in the "Java Preferences" app, which is in your Utilities Folder, you should drag the plugin and applications versions so that "32bit" is the preferred one to use.

(Thanks to Loring at Studio Network Solutions for the link to the kbase and Rolf and Kevin for the Java settings)

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Allan White
on Feb 9, 2010 at 6:17:57 pm

Bryson, that is some very useful information. I wasn't even thinking about the 64-bit transition (uh, huge for software!). Thank you!

Rolf, sending an email with some screen grabs right now. Thanks again. Looking forward to getting back to work!

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, XSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]