FORUMS: list search recent posts

M2T files with Windows computer

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Temmesfeld
M2T files with Windows computer
on May 17, 2011 at 3:47:08 pm

I still have not seen a solution to look at M2T HDV files from Premiere in CATDV using Windows computer. Clip Wrapper only works with Mac machines. Has anyone found out a solution for this yet? I could really use the help. Thanks.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: M2T files with Windows computer
on May 19, 2011 at 2:13:44 pm

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

This might be your answer. Rewrap them into QT wrappers and you should be fine... as long as you use...

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXD.asp

Then you will have an HDV format .mov and your footage will be easily editable on your rig, and more importantly, should be completely compatible with other systems for easy transport of footage to FCP and most any other editing system out there.

I'm gonna see if Greg from Calibrated can weigh in on this a bit as it seems to be common. Greg, can you give us the Windows workflow for this so that it's available on the interwebs?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on May 19, 2011 at 3:03:13 pm

Yep, Bryson, that's the only workflow I can suggest as well. If you have FCP installed on the same Mac computer as ClipWrap - I believe ClipWrap also gives you the option to convert to ProRes MOV files.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 20, 2011 at 4:22:19 am

Ok, I'm an A$$.

Let me go check on some re-wrap software on the PC side... But Calibrated is right on. Now, let's rewrap them...

bryson

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 20, 2011 at 4:31:24 am

A$$ retracted...

http://www.aunsoft.com/mts-converter/

Try the free trial and see if it re-wraps. They use the term "remux" or something like that.

Google... amazing.

bryson

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on May 20, 2011 at 7:21:22 pm

Thanks for all the help. I will try it out and let you guys know how it works. I looked on google and could not find this software. Of course most of the links I can get to at work are blocked. I am using Premiere Pro CS5 on a windows 7 machine. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on May 20, 2011 at 7:37:06 pm

I can not get the files to work in the Aunsoft MTS/MT2 Converter. I went back to my CATDV Project to double check the file format and it says the file is a:
MPEG2 Transport Stream (4:2:0 High 1440) file.

From what I have read that is an M2TS file. I don't know why this wont work in the software. I have been editing Video for over 15 years and I never had this many problems with an editing software as I do with Premiere. Thanks.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 20, 2011 at 11:45:24 pm

hmm... wait a sec.

Hey Greg, could your software make that play with a simple extension change or maybe even without?

Seems to me that if it's HDV and that's showing as MPEG2 then CatDV could see it with some Calibrated magic.

If this were sorted I know of a bunch of folks on the web who would need it. lol If you google this everyone is griping.

bryson

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on May 26, 2011 at 3:08:34 pm

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]