FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV and Premiere Workflow

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Temmesfeld
CatDV and Premiere Workflow
on May 10, 2011 at 6:16:54 pm

I am testing out CatDV at the moment and want to know what is the best workflow if I am importing finished CS5 Premiere Projects into the CatDV for Logging and organizing? I am adding metadata to the footage when I Capture it so I want to be able to transfer that info over to CatDV as well. I am also having problems viewing HDV footage which Premiere likes to transcode at MPEG-2 TS files. I can't find a good plug-in for quicktime to play these with. Any help would be great. Thanks

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: CatDV and Premiere Workflow
on May 11, 2011 at 7:29:24 am

Are you on a Mac or PC? Wondering so we can make a codec suggestion.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on May 11, 2011 at 6:52:56 pm

We are using PC Windows 7 with Adbobe Production Premium CS5. Have a lot of old footage on HDV tapes that we are trying to organize.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 18, 2011 at 8:54:47 pm

To be clear.

So you have HDV and can't play it?

And then Adobe Premiere is transcoding the HDV into MPEG-2 TS files?

Seems like something that Main Concept would sell, but let me see what's out there.

This stuff is not really my forte as I'm mostly FCP and Avid on OSX but I'll see if I can get a rec as I'm always curious about these things.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on May 20, 2011 at 7:23:16 pm

Thanks for any help. I am usually a FCP and AVID guy on OSX but my current job is Windows 7 and CS5?

Return to posts index

Allan White
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:55:47 pm

With the recent FCPX fail, I (and likely, others) am also interested in best practices for developing a workflow with Premiere CS5 (Mac). I've been using OnLocation, for instance, to do field recording. It's pretty solid*.

The Adobe apps seem to be teeming with metadata (and places to put it). They really get the value of metadata in video workflows. I'd love to see any tips or ideas in this area.

*Except for its powerful speech transcription, which is great if you want to stay in Premiere Pro. There seems to be no way to export it to XML for the Verbatim Logger. Which would rock.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:26:12 pm

CatDV 9.0 now reads xmp data.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]