FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't make preview movie clips on one machine

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan White
Can't make preview movie clips on one machine
on Feb 2, 2010 at 6:58:33 pm

Greetings all. I get an "error -47"* when I try to create preview movies on my Mac Pro. The other Macs in the office that can run CatDV create previews just fine. But, the Pro is where the horsepower is, so you can imagine why I want the previews made there. =)
Mac: OS 10.5.8
QT 7.5.4
CatDV 7.07 (tried 8.08 demo, had the same result)
* Error -47: 'fBsyErr' (File busy error). This occurs regardless of where the target preview directory is (local drive, AFP server, etc.). Folder permissions are ok (777). The other macs seem to have no trouble writing to pretty much any location.

Rolf, et. al - any thoughts on this issue? We've discussed similar preview problems before via email, but I thought I'd ask the [new] CatDV community. Thanks for reading!

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, MetaSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Can't make preview movie clips on one machine
on Feb 3, 2010 at 12:47:47 pm

Hi Allan
I note you are using Metasan and have more than a passing knowledge of permissions. I have seen this error once before and that was also on a shared storage platform. My guess is you should think about this the other way round not regarding the destination but think that the "source" is busy or locked. The error report s coming from the OS not CATDV and Metasan is acting as a traffic cop and in this case it is possible that it thinks you do not have the rights to do what you want to do , hence the file busy error. Try putting the source files on a non managed local drive or wide open shared folder and set your preview to be built there too and see how you go

Kevin Duggan
Catdv

Return to posts index

Allan White
on Feb 5, 2010 at 2:06:03 am

Hey Kevin, thanks for the note. I'll check into that; at this time the Mac Pro isn't using MetaSAN (though I should check and see if it's still active somehow).

I recognized it as an OS error code, I think you're right on that score. In fact...

Ok, that is correct: making a preview movie from my internal drive works perfectly. Hmm. Still, progress!

We're moving to XSAN next week; hopefully that will address the issue. I'll bring it up with our integrator.

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, MetaSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:47:19 am

I think the -47 error is a QuickTime issue which can happen if the folder you are exporting the file to is longer than 31 characters in length.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]