FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slideshow image problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eng Thye Kam
Slideshow image problems
on Jun 13, 2019 at 1:49:21 pm

Using DaVinci Resolve 15 free version.
Trying to make a 70 picture video slideshow with music from all .jpg format files.
Notice that the .jpg files when imported into the media pool, turned into three types, no. 1 was images with a red bar at the bottom of the picture, no. 2 was a timeline file with a white cinderblock shaped icon at the bottom left corner and a red triangle with a tick mark inside it on the top right hand corner and no. 3 was an image without the red bar at the bottom.
The type no. 1 was successfully transferred to the Video 1 timeline, the type no. 2 could not be transferred to the Video 1 timeline with a round “stop” icon appearing, the type no. 3 image shrunk when unsuccessfully transferring to the Video 1 timeline with a blue vertical bar appearing on the left of the image.
What went wrong?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Slideshow image problems
on Jun 13, 2019 at 10:16:48 pm

JPGs will work, but they're not an ideal file format for Resolve. The added compression will not help, either.

I think you're better off with TIFF or DPX files. If you can batch-convert all your stills to this format, I think it will work better.

Return to posts index

Eng Thye Kam
Re: Slideshow image problems
on Jun 14, 2019 at 11:43:45 am

Thank you very much for your advice. I did a batch conversion to TIFF files using XnConvert and was able to make the slideshow video without any file problems using TIFF files.

Thank you very much once again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]