FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 15 delete empty track loses audio

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Resolve 15 delete empty track loses audio
on May 11, 2019 at 6:32:07 pm

This has been a persistent issue with Resolve 14 and 15 for me. When I delete empty tracks on the timeline, I lose audio playback. No audio to be heard nor seen on the VUs. Sometimes I will lose all audio and sometimes only one channel in a stereo field. Today I see this happening even when I delete an empty video track without changing anything about the audio. Suggestions?

Mac Resolve Studio 15.3.1.0003 (App Store version)
BMD Ultrastudio Express i/o

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Resolve 15 delete empty track loses audio
on May 12, 2019 at 11:29:17 pm

Hi Oliver. I have had the odd loss of audio monitoring & metering but hadn't associated it with deleting empty tracks. I don't delete tracks that often but I'll look out for that correlation. I'm working happily with 16Beta2 but I'll test that and let you know. If it is that repeatable since vers14, I'd be surprised if it hadn't been reported and fixed in 16.

Also I'm on WIN with the Decklink PCI 4kcard, so it might be a bit more specific to your setup.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 13, 2019 at 2:33:57 am

Thanks. It's been pretty consistent in R15. Generally happens when I "Delete empty tracks". Typically that relates to empty audio tracks. But the odd thing is that on this project, it even happened when deleting the last empty video track.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 13, 2019 at 2:59:54 am

[Oliver Peters]"It's been pretty consistent in R15. Generally happens when I "Delete empty tracks"."

On my WIN vers 16b2 I couldn't replicate when using Delete empty tracks. I had empty audio and video to delete. Also tried to replicate in Vers 15.3 and it didn't mute the audio either with numerous attempts. The projects I tried also have VST plugins and no issues with that added complication. So I can't replicate what you are experiencing. Are you using the latest Desktop Video software? It might be an issue with that software and that you are using a TBolt external I/O??

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 13, 2019 at 12:41:06 pm

[Michael Gissing] "Are you using the latest Desktop Video software?"

Good thought, so I just did an update to get on the most recent release (April). But this didn't fix it. I deleted all empty tracks again, which got rid of V3. Left channel audio dropped out. Then, when I added 1 video track back in (a new V3), the left channel came back.

Also, BTW, my audio goes through a separate PreSonus Audiobox USB audio interface. That uses core audio, so no special drivers involved.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]