FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding a node before entire node structure to entire timeline?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron smith
Adding a node before entire node structure to entire timeline?
on May 11, 2019 at 1:49:50 pm

Is there a quick way to add a serial node BEFORE the node structure for every clip in timeline without changing any grades.
Append node works great for the end of structure but I need to apply a global change before node tree starts.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Adding a node before entire node structure to entire timeline?
on May 12, 2019 at 12:08:11 pm

Either just add a timeline grade or group everything and add grade nodes to clip pre.

Return to posts index

ron smith
on May 12, 2019 at 1:23:38 pm

Thanks! the timeline grade won't work because that happens after clip structure.
Grouping the whole timeline and doing a grade PREclip might work.thanks!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 13, 2019 at 8:46:51 am

[ron smith] "Is there a quick way to add a serial node BEFORE the node structure for every clip in timeline without changing any grades. Append node works great for the end of structure but I need to apply a global change before node tree starts."
It's for reasons like this that I've been using a Fixed Node Tree for years now. Several of the nodes (including some early on) are empty, so if I had a situation where I had to add a node to all or part of the clips, it could be done relatively easily. I think there are better ways to do it than what you're trying to do. The flaw with trying to make an change early on is that it's going to change the values of keys and curves later on in the node structure, because of the nature of Node Order of Operations, so I think this is a very dangerous choice.

It would be possible with a 3rd-party macro program to set up a loop command that basically went "next clip, Node -> Add Before Current" and so on until it ended. But I would only do that to a copy of the timeline, not the original, because this couldn't easily be undone.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on May 13, 2019 at 2:24:50 pm

I think this is a v16 feature, but would adding an Adjustment Clip across the timeline do what you want?

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]