FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to zoom in on the source / get more details in source window?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Is there a way to zoom in on the source / get more details in source window?
on Apr 27, 2019 at 9:46:49 am

It seems as if DaVinci shows the ENTIRE video with all the details in the source monitor and there is no way to zoom in to get more details.
I am used to Premiere and in Premiere you can zoom in on your source to get more details so the program will take smaller steps.
Here is an example: I drag a clip that is 2 hours long into the source or I drag a clip that is 1 minute long into the source, the steps - length I can scrub - seems to be the same length in DaVinci no matter what. This makes getting fine cuts really hard. I am sure I am missing something.

Please let me know if you even understood what I've meant. I feel like I've explained this very poorly (but wouldn't know any other way how to word it).

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Is there a way to zoom in on the source / get more details in source window?
on Apr 27, 2019 at 2:22:37 pm

u can zoom in with the scroll wheel on your mouse

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Is there a way to zoom in on the source / get more details in source window?
on Apr 27, 2019 at 3:06:55 pm

Hi Michael,

Seems I have read your post in another thread somewhere, so this might not be what you want.

I load a clip in the timeline and use the timeline viewer. In Windows, Alt+Mouse Scroll Wheel, will expand the clip, so the mouse movement of the play head in timeline viewer is in smaller increments. Then right/left arrow keys will advance 1 frame at a time for the very fine cut placement.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on May 3, 2019 at 6:34:24 am

I think I hear you...

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/43491

This is the same question I was asking I think. Right?

I use a mouse that doesn't have scroll wheel. It does have a middle button that depending on the app, works like a scroll wheel.

Regardless, I think their should be a keyboard command option for zooming in/out on either the source or timeline viewer.

Erik

Return to posts index

Richard Mazikowski
on May 7, 2019 at 8:45:26 pm

On Mac command and the plus or minus keys work for me.

Richard Mazikowski
rmazikowski@comcast.net
http://vimeo.com/maz1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]