FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there paid phone support for Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brianlaz
Is there paid phone support for Resolve?
on Apr 22, 2019 at 10:53:52 pm

Creative Cow is the bomb and I have gotten so much help from it.
However, there are times where I want to get someone on the phone and have them walk me through something, and I pay by the minute. Is this a thing?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Is there paid phone support for Resolve?
on Apr 22, 2019 at 11:51:19 pm

Hi brianlaz,

If you are using the free version, you may get some support from the Blackmagic forums here: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=1e2a09858823c1959...

If it is the paid Studio version you may get technical phone support from here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/ scroll down for the contact information, if you do not have a serial number they will not help.

They offer various user, learning tools on a pay basis, but I have never heard of a pay-as-you-go service, maybe, I'm just not aware.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

brianlaz
on Apr 22, 2019 at 11:59:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I should be more frank: is anyone on here interested in something like that?

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 23, 2019 at 12:50:45 am

well....not me, I'm still a rookie and you would be wasting your money! Maybe another member here can help.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 23, 2019 at 9:32:24 am

In the old days of daVinci Systems, there was a yearly support program that I think was somewhere north of $5000 (might have even been more line $10,000+), and you could get 24/7 answers to certain questions. I think for a higher fee, a local engineer in some areas (like LA) would come by to service the system.

Once daVinci Systems went bankrupt, Blackmagic took over the assets and the IP, but they've made it clear they don't want to get into the service business. I've said for years it would be an opportunity for somebody to have a paid support line where you could call and get help 24/7, even if it was $5 a minute or something, but it has yet to happen. You can contact BMD at the numbers listed on their webpage and get help from about 6AM-5PM PDT in North America, Britain, Singapore, Japan, and China, among other areas:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/contact/phone

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 11, 2019 at 12:12:01 pm

Perhaps you should go to lowepost.com. At the end of their free Intro to Fusion tutorial, the teacher gives his email address and invites questions. If you actually pay for their premium membership, which is fairly inexpensive, you may get even more attention.

Ripple Training is also good, although I'm not sure whether they offer an email address.

Perhaps the fastest way to learn is to tackle your own specific task, hone your questions down to the essentials, try diligently to use Resolve's online manuals, and then go to one of the Resolve forums on Facebook. I'm told there are also forums on Instagram, though I haven't investigated them.

Good luck.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]