FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Get Paint Node to Track to Composition instead of Camera Movement (Resolve 15/Fusion)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alec Eagon
Can't Get Paint Node to Track to Composition instead of Camera Movement (Resolve 15/Fusion)
on Apr 19, 2019 at 2:25:45 am

Hey Friends,

I have a shot with undesirable ceiling exposure in a garage-made-black-box setting that I have successfully painted out with the clone paint brush at the moment in the shot when the ceiling is taking up the most space in the frame.

(The shot pans up and then back down. I've painted (cloned) the ceiling out at the apex of ceiling exposure).

I'm very new to Fusion, but I've watched every single video on this on YT and for the life of me I can't figure out how track the area I've painted (cloned) in a way to lock it in place relative to other aspects of the composition and not the camera movements.

I've tried rendering tracking from the paint group every which way and also creating an independent planar tracker node, all to no avail...

I feel like I'm missing something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Can send pics if necessary...Fusion computer's in the other room rendering and I gotta run and eat some food before I go crazy.

-Alec

Return to posts index

Alec Eagon
Re: Can't Get Paint Node to Track to Composition instead of Camera Movement (Resolve 15/Fusion)
on Apr 19, 2019 at 3:43:28 pm

*UPDATE*

Just figured out how to use "Animation" to set a path manually for my Paint node, rather than try to have the tracker do it. Either I have no idea what I'm doing or the Fusion tracker has met its match with a black backdrop in grainy color 500T 16mm footage.

Love some input if anybody still has any with regard to Animation path setting (seems pretty straight forward) or maybe something obvious I seem to be doing wrong from my first post.

Thanks!
-Alec

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]