FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have installed Da Vinci 16 but it won't run

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Christopher
I have installed Da Vinci 16 but it won't run
on Apr 17, 2019 at 3:59:52 pm

I cannot get Da Vinci 16 to run on my machine. How do I back track to 15.3?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: I have installed Da Vinci 16 but it won't run
on Apr 17, 2019 at 6:44:34 pm

Easy uninstall 16 and re-install 15.x

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 17, 2019 at 8:54:13 pm

Thanks for your comment. I had been trying unsuccessfully to remove Da Vinci. But it wouldn't uninstall. I saw that it was muddled with DVD architect when I was trying to install and just died. I therefore started by trying to uninstall DVD architect and saw the following do you want fffmsi to make changes to your system. I typed no and then found the start up screen for Da Vinci briefly and after that I was still in the uninstall programme for DVD Architect. but noticed that the DaVinci Resolve had gone. It might be my machine has some problem but thought I should report it.
I will try installing 15.3 now

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 17, 2019 at 9:29:34 pm

I looked into my windows 10 update to find that there had been a failed attempt which I have now corrected. So perhaps this was part of the problem with the failure to delete Da Vinci 16

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 17, 2019 at 10:02:13 pm

I have been unable to find the location where I can select the version of Resolve. Going through the web site I was given only the version 16 option. I have installed it twice just in case I had made a mistake. However when I click on the icon for the programme I get the start up image which vanishes after 15 seconds or so , and nothing appears afterward even if I go away an leave it. Can you point me to the option to choose version 15 please
Thanks For your help. Version 15 was running fine with .mov files

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 17, 2019 at 10:22:43 pm

Hi Terence,

Here is the link: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

Scroll down the list on the left 'Latest Downloads' to find the version you want.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 18, 2019 at 4:48:28 am

Thanks George. I really appreciate your help
Terence

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 20, 2019 at 5:04:20 am

George., Fortunately my data had not been converted to the DVR 16 format so I am in good shape and have a lot to do with my present set up . However at some point I would like to upgrade to version 16 . How do I determine when to do this? I will probably wait until later this year, but realise that I should probably stay away from Beta versions.
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 20, 2019 at 2:44:24 pm

Hi Terence,

I have absolutely no inside information. However it is my guess the will release 16b2 before they release 16.0 stable, if there is every a stable release in any new version NLE point zero version. We do know Blackmagic is very aggressive in their update releases and many, like myself, have had very little problems with 16b1. I monitor forums like this one and the Blackmagic Support page for new releases. There is also a new release feature in 16, that I will see how it works, but of course if you roll back to 15, you will not have.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 21, 2019 at 5:46:07 pm

George.
That is very helpful. The problem must be in my setup. I have several unfinished projects which used differing locations for the essential files as I tried to sort out whether to put everything on my NAS or not. I have now completely retreated from that idea and will just use it for finished product for sharing. I will sort that out before retrying. I am really enjoying the fluid capability of DVR (though I am just a toddler at this time). I am really happy that I persisted and value the kindness of the community which helped me so much. It is a very clever and beautiful system.
Terence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]