FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is my audio playing too fast?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Smith
Why is my audio playing too fast?
on Apr 12, 2019 at 4:09:07 pm

I don't know if it helps, but the Audio Bit Depth is 16, is it supposed to be something else?
Codec: PCM S16 LE (s16l)
Sample Rate: 44100Hz

My Playback Frame Rate is 24
Video Bit Depth is 10 bit

What do you think?

Thanks

DPC

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Why is my audio playing too fast?
on Apr 14, 2019 at 1:24:46 am

Resolve is most likely set up for 48kHz. My advice would be to sample-rate convert this piece of audio to 16-bit 48kHz with a 3rd party piece of software and see if that does the trick.

In general, all film & TV post is set up for 48kHz audio, sometimes at 20-bit, sometimes at 24-bit. There are rare exceptions, like higher-res formats for Dolby Atmos, but I think not that many theaters are set up for that.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Why is my audio playing too fast?
on Apr 14, 2019 at 4:48:00 am
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Apr 14, 2019 at 5:06:23 am

Resolve should just handle the sample rate change. The project default is 48khz but it can play a standard sample rate like 44.1khz and do a conversion on the fly.

However with the scant info you have provided I can only guess that the real problem is in fact the frame rate of the video the audio is attached to. To help you further can you supply the details on the video or audio clip, codec, frame rates of the clip and frame rates and sample rates of the project. The version of Resolve might also be important in case it is an old version before Fairlight was introduced with it's excellent sample rate conversion

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]