FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colorbars generated by Resolve far too bright. (Imported color bars line up.)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Russell
Colorbars generated by Resolve far too bright. (Imported color bars line up.)
on Mar 31, 2019 at 12:15:01 am

Timeline and output is set to 2.4 709 (Davinci YRGB managed). See the pluge in the attached screen grab. It's hot on the waveform -- waaay hot -- so it's real and independent of display calibrations. On the other hand, imported color bars with the correct profile etc. line right up. What am I doing wrong? Again, these are the color bars from Resolve's own generator, while actual media is lining up correctly, pretty weird...

Thank you somebody for your help!

"THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA" -

And more...

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Colorbars generated by Resolve far too bright. (Imported color bars line up.)
on Mar 31, 2019 at 5:51:29 am
Last Edited By Marc Wielage on Mar 31, 2019 at 5:52:09 am

How did you create the screen grab? What happens if you just grab the bars as a still then export the still? How is your signal chain being processed? Is there a chance your operating system is affecting the output? On the surface, this looks like a Full/Video Data Level problem.

Look at the bars on a color-managed output to scopes and tell me what the scopes look like. I've never had them change even one pixel.

Return to posts index

Bill Russell
Re: Colorbars generated by Resolve far too bright. (Imported color bars line up.)
on Mar 31, 2019 at 9:42:34 am

To be sure, whether exported or within, it's Resolve's own generated bars that are off with color managing on, visually and on the waveform as well. Imported bars and other media are correct, per scopes as well as seen on the calibrated display or in exported media. It's the generated bars that are too bright, which is way odd.

"THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA" -

And more...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]