FORUMS: list search recent posts

where is Solid Color inside Color?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enginn Heima
where is Solid Color inside Color?
on Mar 25, 2019 at 11:24:55 am

I generated a solid color clip on a video track then when I go into Color I can not see it... is this normal that you can't Color grade such clips?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: where is Solid Color inside Color?
on Mar 25, 2019 at 1:30:23 pm

You need to turn it into a compound clip first. Then it'll show up. This also works for other generated clips like color bars and ramps etc.

Return to posts index

Enginn Heima
on Mar 25, 2019 at 3:56:32 pm

Thank you for these clarifications!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 26, 2019 at 3:18:15 am

I think there is a BMD philosophy not to allow color-correcting generator-only images, but what is frustrating is that you also can't render them. You have to either turn it into a compound clip (which is a real file) or place one "real" file format on the timeline before you can render a mostly-generator timeline.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Mar 26, 2019 at 4:34:29 pm

[Marc Wielage] "what is frustrating is that you also can't render them. You have to either turn it into a compound clip (which is a real file) or place one "real" file format on the timeline before you can render a mostly-generator timeline."

Of course, the truly resourceful find a way around that, but it was annoying to have to work it out. I like sending bars and a sawtooth through the various re-encoders (DCP, etc.) to see what the process is doing to my previously-beautiful work.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]