FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening a DaVinci resolve studio project on DaVinci resolve free version. Great workflow idea.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lewis
Opening a DaVinci resolve studio project on DaVinci resolve free version. Great workflow idea.
on Mar 21, 2019 at 10:37:40 pm

Does anybody know if it's possible to open a DaVinci resolve studio project on The DaVinci resolve free version? I want to use a workflow where I can just send the project file to the client and screen share and render it out on their computer using the free version so that I don't have to spend such a large render file back and I can just send the small project file (which is especially helpful for projects that are getting down to the wire and you don't want to have to wait forever for a 4k prores 4444 file to upload). I'm proud of myself for coming up with the workflow idea but I'm not sure if it will work.

Obviously if I use plugins that are exclusive to the studio version then they won't come up or they will come up water marks on the free version (if it works at all in the first place) but if I don't use any denoising or effects in my project, does anyone know if this would work provided that are running the most recent version of each?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Opening a DaVinci resolve studio project on DaVinci resolve free version. Great workflow idea.
on Mar 21, 2019 at 10:54:18 pm

Hi Michael,

I think this should work. You could test this yourself, uninstall your studio version and install the public version and load the project. If it works for you and your client has the same source media and setup on their computer, it should work for them. Then uninstall the public version and re-install your studio version to get you back up and running.

I think I have open a project made in 15.3 studio in 15.2.3 public, but do not remember for sure.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Declan Smith
Re: Opening a DaVinci resolve studio project on DaVinci resolve free version. Great workflow idea.
on Mar 22, 2019 at 10:09:29 am

It does work for me. I have Studio Dongle version on my main machine and non-studio version on my laptop. The only difference I have observed is that any Studio features will end up watermarked in the non-studio version, but you can still work on the project and exchange it between both studio & non-studio and when back in the studio version, the watermarks will not be there.

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
Davinci Resolve 15.2 / Reason 10 / BlackMagic URSA Broadcast / Zoom F8 / FCPX / Adobe CS6 / FCS3 / Roland R26 / Canon XLH1 / Canon 7D / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Mar 22, 2019 at 2:40:24 pm

This should be the norm soon if BMD wants everyone to enjoy Resolve.
I know a lot of clients that use the free version and this has come up a few times.
I havent had to to deal with it for finishing of late but one day I probably will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]