FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add Edit Keyboard Shortcut - what is the name?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Add Edit Keyboard Shortcut - what is the name?
on Mar 19, 2019 at 3:36:34 pm

So I am looking for the name of a simple "Add edit" as in: Cut the Clip.

Here is exactly what I am looking for in action (if the time code won't work it starts at 2:35)

By default B is the blade tool and shift b instantly creates an edit. When I was looking at the keyboard short cuts I didn't see any keyboard short cut when clicking on shift, just the Blade tool under "B". I switched my keyboard short cuts to Avid Media Composer because this is what I am used to and I put the blade the default keyboard short cuts have under "B" under the letter "N". This will only give me the blade tool and I still have to perform the actual edit/cut using the mouse which costs a lot of time and is annoying.

So what do I have to set in order to perform a cut just using my keyboard?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Add Edit Keyboard Shortcut - what is the name?
on Mar 19, 2019 at 4:28:35 pm

Hi Michael,

If I read you correctly , go to Timeline, then Razor, then assign your key, that should work to make a cut on the play head.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Mar 19, 2019 at 5:23:50 pm

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I expected it to be called blade as well and not razor.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Mar 19, 2019 at 5:39:00 pm

Yea, I had to peck around a bit to find it when I assigned it to the 'z' key, which works for me.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 21, 2019 at 12:14:11 am

Timeline -> Split Clip also works if you're just trying to cut the clip right where the playhead is at at the moment.

You can also do this with ⌘\ (on Mac), and you can hit up-shift+ Split on the Advanced Panel. These two commands also work in the Color page, which is handy if you need to split something when not in the Edit page. Sadly, the Advanced Panel shortcut does not work on the Edit page for some reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]