FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform problem : Avid to DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katayoun Jahromi
Conform problem : Avid to DaVinci Resolve
on Mar 11, 2019 at 11:05:53 pm

Hello everyone!
First of all, please excuse me for my poor english.
I have a conformation problem on DaVinci Resolve.
I created my MXF files on Resolve (MXF OP-ATOM, DNX120) and then I imported them in Avid by copying them in the Avid MediaFiles folder and dragging the msmMMOB.mdb file into a bin on Avid . (Detail that may be important: Some rushes had the same name, so I checked the box "Use unique filename" when I created my MXF files on Resolve).
I noticed that the Tape name of my rushes on Avid was "msmMMOB" followed by a number.
Then, I exported an AAF from my timeline that I imported into DaVinci, but none of the clips conform with their original rushes. I think I made all possible combinations of settings, without success ...
On Avid, I duplicated the column "Name" in "Labroll" and pulled out an EDL (File 129) by choosing "Labroll" in "Reel ID Type". I imported it into DaVinci and almost all my rushes have relinked.
There is just a problem, my effects have not been correctly reflected in the EDL, so I have to recreate them manually. It's quite complicated because the rushes are in UHD and my computer has trouble managing it, DaVinci does not stop to crash and the deadline is approaching soon ... The AAF interprets the effects well, I added it in the timeline of my EDL to copy the effects of the clips on my rushes, but they do not copy ...
Do you know what could have happened? Do you have a solution?
Thank you so much !

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Conform problem : Avid to DaVinci Resolve
on Mar 11, 2019 at 11:29:02 pm

As a quick fix have the AAF import and the EDL reconnected timeline and copy the effects and settings from the AAF timeline to the EDL timeline. If you select a clip and then copy it, select the corresponding clip in the EDL timeline and ALT paste it allows you to copy attributes from clip to clip.

Return to posts index

Katayoun Jahromi
on Mar 12, 2019 at 11:59:21 am

Hello Michael, thanks for reply!

As I said, I already had this idea, but my effects won't apply.
I copy the effects and click on paste attributes on my clip, I check the box "Time mapping", but it doesn't change.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 13, 2019 at 1:40:16 am

Ok. Another approach is to use the EDL timeline to reveal in bin then force conform the corresponding AAF timeline shot.

I don't know why time remap attributes are not copying. Might be a bug?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]