FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fusion: Paint node not appearing over media...need merge node? Screenshot included!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Senechal
Fusion: Paint node not appearing over media...need merge node? Screenshot included!
on Feb 19, 2019 at 11:27:57 pm

Hey all - sorry for what I'm sure is an easy question. I'm following a tutorial on adding callouts with Fusion, and when they connect the Paint node to the Tracker node, it appears on top of the original media - mine does not appear at all.

Here's the screenshot of my layout so far:

I tried adding merge nodes (with very little understanding) but nothing I've tried allows the callout line to appear over top of my other media.

Thank you SO much for the help!!!! Been tearing my hair out over this one.

G

Return to posts index

Gerry Senechal
Re: Fusion: Paint node not appearing over media...need merge node? Screenshot included!
on Feb 20, 2019 at 4:38:19 am

FINALLY figured it out! It did need a merge node in the right place. For anybody else who needs it, here's what worked for me:

Happy editing!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Fusion: Paint node not appearing over media...need merge node? Screenshot included!
on Feb 23, 2019 at 6:00:16 pm

your original screen shot showed the paint node going into the mask input on your tracker, that is why you couldn't see anything, you were using the paint stroke as a mask source.

Your second screen shot shows the paint node going into the fg input on your tracker...thus you see the paint node.

One of the first things you need to learn in fusion is the color codes of the inputs.
Orange=BG
greenish=FG
Blue=masking

other nodes will have white or pink or some other colors as well...depends on the node. Hover you mouse over the triangle and it should tell you the purpose.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Gerry Senechal
on Feb 23, 2019 at 8:10:00 pm

Glenn, this was news to me - thanks so much. That's what I get for jumping into Fusion and watching tutorials instead of truly learning it first! I really appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]