FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choppy playback and rendering

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Brickert
Choppy playback and rendering
on Feb 18, 2019 at 4:45:55 am

I have something new happening that is odd. Just adding a bit of color correction and sharpening causes playback to become choppy, and this passes through into the render. I can't tell who is different from the similar projects I have done.

I posted the piece https://vimeo.com/317884082 where the trouble begins around 3:04 and gets most obvious and distracting at 3:25 and following.

It's a 1080p30 timeline. The drone footage is 4k which plays fine until I tweak the colors and add some sharpness, then suddenly playback and render are both choppy. The machine is a 2013 MBP with Core i7, 16GB of ram and the GeForce 750M graphics card running 2GB of Vram.

Any thoughts on how to get back to the ol' smooth reliable Resolve 15 goodness would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Choppy playback and rendering
on Feb 18, 2019 at 6:30:04 am

In Davinci Resolve all the processing about color and sharpness is by the graphics card ! For uhd/4k they say you need 8gb Vram !

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Feb 18, 2019 at 3:46:19 pm

Hi Scott,

I agree with Ole, would appear your graphics cards ran out of juice with only 2gb ram for the changes you made in the color tab. If this is the first 4K you have made these type of changes to, it would make sense. If you have been successful at this before, you may want to check if Windows perhaps updated your GPU driver, of course you are on Windows 10, correct.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Scott Brickert
on Feb 18, 2019 at 3:51:45 pm

What’s puzzling is I had no problems on the same machine and similar footage just a couple weeks ago. https://youtu.be/wc32Sw5Ttqg is fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]