FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uh oh - Fusion needs more GPU! Are the rest of my specs up to it?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Senechal
Uh oh - Fusion needs more GPU! Are the rest of my specs up to it?
on Feb 16, 2019 at 11:36:52 pm
Last Edited By Gerry Senechal on Feb 17, 2019 at 12:01:58 am

Hey all - I need to be using Fusion for several upcoming projects, and I've quickly gotten "GPU Memory Full" and crashes. I'm running a 3-year old PC - GTX 970 on an ASUS Z170 mobo with 32GB of DDR4/3200.

Will I be OK just upgrading the GPU? I'm thinking 2070. I'm not crazy about spending twice as much for a marginal increase in performance - but if it keep crashing when using Fusion, then it wasn't worth it ☺

Many thanks for your opinions - I appreciate it very much!!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Uh oh - Fusion needs more GPU! Are the rest of my specs up to it?
on Feb 17, 2019 at 12:16:02 am

Are you talking about fusion Standalone...or Resolve into Fusion.

Fusion stand alone is pretty light weight, until you get into heavy duty comps...your GPU memory may be more related to resolve than fusion.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Gerry Senechal
on Feb 17, 2019 at 12:17:12 am

Thanks, Glenn - I'm talking about using Fusion while within Resolve. I've never had issues with "GPU Memory Full" before, but now that I've got a very large image that I'm playing with in front of the camera/rendered within Fusion, it's complaining!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 17, 2019 at 12:24:34 am

This may be a flaw of running fusion from within Resolve. With Resolve running as well it may be draining your system.

I only use stand alone fusion...but I've never had memory error issues. If I run it on my laptop...which is a z-book...but its 6 years old...the renders might be slower, but I don't think I've ever seen GPU full.

Maybe try the free fusion version and see if the issue persists.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Gerry Senechal
on Feb 17, 2019 at 12:33:08 am

I will - thank you!!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 17, 2019 at 8:44:18 am

Your whole Resolve experience will improve with a better GPU. The 970 is ancient compared to your mobo. The critical aspect is the new GPU has enough onboard RAM as well. You might get better bang for buck on a GTX 1080ti. The newer RTX cards are better for ray tracing but I'm not sure Resolve leverages that performance. I've got a 4 year old mobo with a GTX 1080 and don't get GPU ram messages using any part of Resolve including the Fusion tab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]