FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to see/open the sequence OF the source viewer in a timeline?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anastasya Stolyarov
how to see/open the sequence OF the source viewer in a timeline?
on Feb 11, 2019 at 3:26:13 pm

As I edit in Avid or Premiere there is an option of opening/seeing a timeline (tab) OF a sequence loaded into the source viewer/monitor. For example I've put all the shots and takes of the first scene of the film into one sequence. I would load that sequence into the source viewer and be able to not only play it in the viewer, but also see this entire sequence in the timeline with the playhead at the relevant point. If I hit play in source viewer/monitor the playhead would move accordingly also in the timeline. Then I'd chose In and Out and overwrite it to another sequence (main edit) in the program monitor.

With the stacked timelines in Davinci 15, I know I can see two timeline one above another at the same time and edit across them. However I can't find the option of playing these BOTH timelines - one in the Source Viewer and another one in Program Viewer as I usually do in Avid and Premiere. I searched different forums and youtube, but I can't find the explanation.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
Re: how to see/open the sequence OF the source viewer in a timeline?
on Feb 11, 2019 at 6:03:45 pm

Simply drag the Timeline from a clip list in the Media Pool to a Source Viewer Window on The Edit page.

Dmitry Kitsov,
Blackmagic Design technical support agent

Return to posts index

Anastasya Stolyarov
Re: how to see/open the sequence OF the source viewer in a timeline?
on Feb 13, 2019 at 3:43:42 pm

My question was if there is an option to see the source viewer's content represented as timeline tab below? If I'd hit play in source viewer the playhead would move accordingly also in the timeline. See the image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]