FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing stills

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Christopher
importing stills
on Jan 13, 2019 at 10:15:36 pm

I apologise for my stream of questions. However I am finding that when I import stills that they arrive in Da Vinci as a file with multiple images in the media pool. I can flip through them in the previewer., but do not know how to copy the one i need to the timeline. double clicking just moves the whole file into the timeline. The definitive guide has only individual images in the example folders. I tried making a smart bin but that didn't separate the images. at least for me.
thanks

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
Re: importing stills
on Jan 13, 2019 at 10:51:04 pm

On the Media Page in the Media Storage Windows there is a symbol with three dots. Click on it and select "Show Individual Frames". This should do the trick.

Cheers,

Juan

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Jan 14, 2019 at 12:28:44 am

Thanks Juan. I realise that I am still not using the media page properly and didn't see this option. Thanks for pointing it out. Terence

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Jan 16, 2019 at 7:49:07 am

Juan
Your reply which has partially helped my problem has pointed out a new problem As I commented I was having trouble with multiple stills being contained under one heading in Da Vinci 15. You said that I could separate them when they got into the media store. That worked, However I find that they have gone back into my original video file and I cannot find a way to separate them in the world outside of Da Vinci. I don't know how they came about whether there is some error in the file system or whether it is a short hand developed by Da Vinci. However it seems that Da vinci is capable of putting them back on the master file system outside of its domain and thus leaving illegible files around.. On another learning topic I found that if I make my principal video container accessible to Da Vinci it can go back and delete files that should be protected. It seems that I should have a security barrier there.
Can you give me some insight. I need to stay well away from this whole area and never have multiple files with one name.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]