FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing PPro XML - Slow-mo clips media unable to link

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rhys Sherring
Importing PPro XML - Slow-mo clips media unable to link
on Dec 31, 2018 at 8:07:52 am

So I import a PPro XML into a davinci timeline, and the 120FPS clips I've put at 50% speed in PPro can never be linked to the media in the media pool. I import the source files individually into the media pool after having gotten the rest of the XML and sources files in alright (24fps), and right click on the missing media clips on the timeline to 'Find in Media Pool', but it never works. I have to have it selected in the media pool and select 'Conform Lock with media pool clip' to find it, but then I lose the exact cut within the clip that I did in PPro and it just puts it back to the start of the clip. So I have to manually find the edit and re-cut it in Davinci.

The timecodes are different between the programs too. Davinci reads the clip in its true 120FPS, where PPro reads it at the timeline framerate I've edited in at of 24, so I can't match the cuts. I literally have to manually match the clips visually to get them as close as possible.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Importing PPro XML - Slow-mo clips media unable to link
on Dec 31, 2018 at 10:12:36 am

Did you change the frame rate of the clip in Premiere by using the interpret footage options? Those changes will not come through an XML. You can change the clip frame rate manually in Resolve in the clip attributes.

Return to posts index

Rhys Sherring
Re: Importing PPro XML - Slow-mo clips media unable to link
on Jan 2, 2019 at 3:41:23 am

From the Project box, PPro is interpreting the clip at its native 120FPS. On the PPro timeline where its edited into, I had the clip's 'Speed/duration' setting changed, so I put that back to its normal 100% and tried importing the XML into DaVinci again, but it still didn't work. Again, I import the source file into Davinci's media pool, right click the file on the timeline to 'Find in Media Pool', and still don't get any results.

The clips in the source windows don't match in either program. I had to re-cut the clip visually.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]