FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini Panel dead except for blinking HOME button! Any ideas?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taz Goldstein
Mini Panel dead except for blinking HOME button! Any ideas?
on Dec 16, 2018 at 1:54:07 am

Hi All! I plugged in my Mini Panel to start a session earlier today and it was totally unresponsive. No lights or screens with one exception: The Home button was blinking non-stop. This happens whether or not the panel is connected to my computer. I've also tried using the Resolve Setup Panel to update the firmware. The software DOES see the panel but is unable to update the firmware (gets to 100% then fails). I've tried multiple power and USB cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(crossposted in the blackmagicdesign.com user forums...because I need all the help I can get.)

Return to posts index

Taz Goldstein
Re: Mini Panel dead except for blinking HOME button! Any ideas?
on Jan 31, 2019 at 6:14:37 pm

UPDATE: I finally received my panel back from Blackmagic. It's dead and Blackmagic support won't repair it. As a reminder, my panel was sitting on my desk (optimal conditions) and died without warning. No help from Blackmagic, and no recourse. I'm out thousands. Be warned.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jan 31, 2019 at 10:43:50 pm

WOW! That sucks. Big time. I'm sorry no one here was able to help. I suggested you post here.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 15.2

Return to posts index

Taz Goldstein
on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:20:54 pm

It was quite a surprise and a total bummer to have such a useless interaction with Blackmagic. I've had great experiences with them in the past. This was a total let down, and kind of a stunner. Really tarnished my enthusiasm for the brand. Such is life. And, I'm still glad I posted here. Perhaps it will keep other mini panel owners on their toes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]