FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPXML Timeline with Alpha PNGs for Subtitles \\ Missing Subtitles

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Bell
FCPXML Timeline with Alpha PNGs for Subtitles \\ Missing Subtitles
on Dec 13, 2018 at 4:23:30 pm

Hey there!

We've got a customer who wants certain subtitle sequences to run chained from frame to frame, i.e. no gaps.

In our subtitling suite that that means timing Subtitle #1 "OUT" to the same frame as Subtitle #2 "IN". We're bringing the subs in to Resolve via FCPXML (version 1.3) with corresponding 32-bit Alpha PNGs. The issue we're having is that all the chained subtitles do not appear on the imported timeline. Their PNGs are present in the media pool, they just don't sit on the imported Timeline.

If we adjust the OUT times of all those subtitles back by one frame in our subtitling suite and go through the same import process, we get all the subtitles to populate on the Timeline just fine. However, there is now a one frame gap between subs that should be gapless. We could hand adjust these subtitles, but the FCPXML and PNGs are going to a third part for final mastering and I don't trust them to handle this small operation properly. I've already had to explain to them how to import the stills so they appear as separate elements in the media pool.

The customer has been made aware that not having any gaps is not common practice, but they insist on the style for these sections.

Any input would be great.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: FCPXML Timeline with Alpha PNGs for Subtitles \\ Missing Subtitles
on Dec 13, 2018 at 6:03:18 pm

Render out as QT with alpha?
(That's what I do for Avid, but with empty titles as no gaps is plain ugly.)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Alan Bell
Re: FCPXML Timeline with Alpha PNGs for Subtitles \\ Missing Subtitles
on Dec 13, 2018 at 7:07:06 pm

Unfortunately I am stuck with this specific delivery method on this project. There are a bunch of different ways I would otherwise get around this. Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]