FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression for YouTube

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
compression for YouTube
on Dec 10, 2018 at 12:56:11 am

This may not be a DaVinci Resolve issue, but I used Resolve to output a video for YouTube, using the YouTube-recommended parameters. It plays well on my computer, but a client with a slower connection is concerned because it stutters in action-intensive sections.

This is a difficult issue to solve, because my connection to the Internet is so good that I don't see any problems.

Should I be looking for a better way to compress for YouTube? Does anyone have a specific recipe for Resolve exports to YouTube that work well for active video?

Thanks.

Bob

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: compression for YouTube
on Dec 10, 2018 at 7:45:04 pm

Lower the bit rate.

Advise that "dial-up" is dead.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 10, 2018 at 8:16:01 pm

YouTube will take what you upload and encode it several ways...to deal with just this. They encode 1080p, 720p...and 480p...not sure if they go lower than that. But really, no matter what you upload, YouTube re-encodes it. This is a case of "it's out of your hands," because you cannot control your clients internet connection, nor what YouTube does to the video encoding.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Dec 10, 2018 at 11:13:35 pm

360p, 240p and 144p. If that's still too heavy for your client I suggest you make sure he can pay you before you do any more work for him ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 15.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]