FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using Custom Keyboards for DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Maultsby
Anyone using Custom Keyboards for DaVinci Resolve
on Dec 1, 2018 at 2:40:11 am

I am still a little new using DR and wondering has anyone purchased and Custom Keyboards for editing or is just learning the keyboard shortcuts, or have you change the layout to match their previous editing software?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Anyone using Custom Keyboards for DaVinci Resolve
on Dec 1, 2018 at 3:19:55 pm

I think everybody works differently. My tactic is to use all the defaults that BMD provides, but I add a whole bunch of additional keys and modes that I need for my own way of working. For example, I like the idea of hitting one button to rename nodes in the Node tree. I generally use unusual key combinations like control-shift or control-option as modifiers so that I don't overlap or eliminate the standard keyboard shortcut set.

There are advantages to using 3rd party control surfaces like the Tangent Elements or the BMD Resolve Mini if you do a lot of color correction. And there are some terrific macro keyboards out there like the ones made by XKeys and the Elgato Streamdeck. There have been some good discussions on this over on MixingLight and the LiftGammaGain discussion group.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Maultsby
Re: Anyone using Custom Keyboards for DaVinci Resolve
on Dec 1, 2018 at 7:13:12 pm

Thank You Marc. I was thinking about purchase one of those aftermarket keyboards but maybe I will wait to get most of the basic keyboard shortcuts down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]