FORUMS: list search recent posts

REALLY ANNOYING!!! MINI PANEL KEEPs disconnecting!!!!!!!! DR15.2

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andi Winter
REALLY ANNOYING!!! MINI PANEL KEEPs disconnecting!!!!!!!! DR15.2
on Nov 21, 2018 at 8:55:30 am

dear bm!

please look into this! can you help me? should i send some logs?

i am on a linux centos machine, supermicro, double titan x, everything should be in spec.
since the mini panel dims out after a while (i guess since V15 beta) it is embarassing for me
to work with your panel with clients because it keeps disconnecting.

plz plz plz help, i am using studio.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: REALLY ANNOYING!!! MINI PANEL KEEPs disconnecting!!!!!!!! DR15.2
on Nov 22, 2018 at 7:48:06 am

Are you connected via ethernet or USB 2?

If it's USB, you might try avoiding a USB hub and connect directly to the computer. It's possible one USB port might work better than another. There are also different varieties of firmware for the Mini Panels -- I think 1.12 was the last one I know of, but there may be a more current version.

There were reports of USB2 being flakey on some systems, so you might get more consistent results with ethernet.

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Nov 22, 2018 at 8:35:03 am

hmm... i am connected via ethernet :(

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:30:18 am

thank you marc for your reply! your post reminded me of the usb-alternative, and i am now going for that route. it seems less promising, because my computer is not at my desk and everything is io-gear-extended usb-wise, but it seems to be more stable nevertheless. at least until now, no more disconnections.

strange days.

i have version 1.2 firmware on my mini panel.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:49:15 am

Yeah, I have seen flakiness with either USB or ethernet, but generally one will work a little more reliably than the other. My suspicion is that sometimes this might be a system fault and not Resolve per se, because I've had occasional USB connectivity issues on the last few Mac OSX updates. But usually it's the kind of thing that happens a couple of times a month, not several times a day.

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Nov 23, 2018 at 9:15:02 pm

well, that's what i thought/experienced as well. therefore i wanted to be on the safe side and built up a linux machine for davinci about a year ago. i thought it will be even more stable, and it kinda was, but not too much i have to admit. it is pretty much the same, only that i am now able to put in more graphic cards. (which is very big PLUS).

as davinci linux doesn't accept the cooper eclipse i was using on osx, i had to buy their mini panel. and i love it, but it is kinda disappointing that i have to fight with this little things. and it got worse after the update to 15. before i had no problems.

so, therefore i am complaining a bit. but don't get me wrong, i love davinci resolve and bm and all the effort they put in it!

ps: the usb connection works really better in 15.2 on linux on my machine. from time to time the mini panel does reset itself, switching to the initialization process again, but is reconnecting every time. so i think it has to be some kind of bug in DR15, and i hope they will fix it soon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]