FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue while Conforming !

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vishnu Pillai
Issue while Conforming !
on Nov 19, 2018 at 11:04:34 pm

After the new 15.2 update i am facing a few problem while conforming media.. Currently i am working on a television series and when i import media and conform with offline media some of the clips do not match and connects the wrong clip and in the previous version a small red button '[<>]' like this in red color below the video used to appear where i could able to select the other media which has same timecode or name ..But now the thing is missing and i have to manually edit the clips and takes a lot of time..What is the solution to bring back the option ?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Issue while Conforming !
on Nov 20, 2018 at 12:34:43 am

Are you getting the Timecode extents warning too?
I see that icon on my problem clips too.
I have a post on it here.

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Nov 20, 2018 at 3:51:23 pm

check your reel name settings and if the reel names populate in media pool. resolve will look for the same reel name and then for the same timecode. if the reel name is missing, it will just try to connect based on the same tc...

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Nov 20, 2018 at 8:41:48 pm

[Andi Winter] "if the reel name is missing, it will just try to connect based on the same tc..."

Uggh yea Im gonna dread checking that part.
Ive ran into that a few times :P

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 21, 2018 at 2:56:06 am

Both MixingLight.com and Lowepost.com have tutorials on Resolve conforming issues. The short answer is that some of this is covered in the manual, and you can force the database string to look for file name vs. reel names (and vice versa). It always helps to have unique file names and non-overlapping timecode.

Return to posts index

Vishnu Pillai
on Nov 21, 2018 at 5:23:05 pm

Thank you all for you replies, the issue was resolve with right clicking on the non matched clip and turning on conform lock enable this icon [!] appears and other footages shows in the list .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]