FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual monitors in Resolve 14 on Mac

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Dual monitors in Resolve 14 on Mac
on Nov 16, 2018 at 6:06:12 am

Hello,
How can I get dual monitors working in Resolve 14? Using a macbook air running mojave and a displaylink driver for a second monitor which shows up fine and the cursor moves across both monitors so I _think_ it's extended display. Resolve Workspace is set to Dual Screen On but Resolve appears on one screen (main) only? Any tips? Thanks.

(I'll try Resolve 15.2 when I find out how to install it without losing 14 and if 15.2 files can be opened in 14.)
Thanks again,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Dual monitors in Resolve 14 on Mac
on Nov 16, 2018 at 8:51:14 am

It seems that the Displaylink isn't showing as a display in a way that Resolve would recognize it.

[Robert Withers] "I'll try Resolve 15.2 when I find out how to install it without losing 14 and if 15.2 files can be opened in 14."

It's not advisable to keep multiple versions and projects aren't backwards compatible.

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Nov 16, 2018 at 4:43:26 pm

Hmmn. So it may seem. Works with other NLEs. My direct connection to a TV through Thunderbolt 2 doesn't show as a Resolve screen either, though it shows on the Mac. Do I have to buy BM hardware to do this?
Thanks for the info on lack of backwards compatibility.
Seeking more info on "advisability" and "possibility" of having two versions of Resolve on this computer. I don't know what the requirements for 15.2 are and if it will run on my MB Air.
Appreciate the info.
Thanks again,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 17, 2018 at 1:12:37 am

[Robert Withers] "Seeking more info on "advisability" and "possibility" of having two versions of Resolve on this computer. I don't know what the requirements for 15.2 are and if it will run on my MB Air."

Two versions is a no-go.

BMD has a configuration guide on their Resolve Support partition that will give you some insight re your Air. You may be able to edit HD on it, who knows?

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]