FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rich Text boxes / background in front of second Rich text box?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
Rich Text boxes / background in front of second Rich text box?
on Oct 22, 2018 at 6:35:49 pm

Hello all,

I am learning DR and am trying to make a series of titles where I have two different text elements on the title as well as a background.
If I choose the "L Lower 3rd" Title and then add text to the TWO Rich Text boxes in the inspector,
All good.
But then I add a background, and the "background" is in FRONT of the second Rich Text box!

1/ I don't see how to place the background in the background, behind both rich text boxes.

2/ I would love to know how to add a second (and third) Rich Text box to a basic "Text" title, is that possible, or only on a preset?

I guess the way around this would be to use Text+ but then it slooow to use... and for such a basic thing, it should easily be able to be done without rendering.

Thanks!
Mark.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
Re: Rich Text boxes / background in front of second Rich text box?
on Oct 22, 2018 at 6:47:38 pm

BTW I have just tried Text+ and again, I do not see a way to add multiple text items on one Title... is this really not possible?

Tx
Mark

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 22, 2018 at 10:59:22 pm

I found the new Text+ a tad confusing until I saw a video that showed it's the way to create a timeline clip for generating text in Fusion. I'm sure inside Fusion a whole world of complex title animation can be achieved but for what you want to do you can probably just use the simple edit page text generator.

Within that you can generate a background that will sit behind all text. You can highlight and adjust font type, size, spacing etc of individual elements and then globally position it where you want. I really haven't bothered with the lower thirds generator and do all my name supers with the simple text gen.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Oct 22, 2018 at 11:26:29 pm

Hi and thanks for the response.
Unfortunately that will not help me because I have two separate text elements that are not possible in the same Rich text box so I have to have two Rich text boxes, as you do have on some of these templates. The problem is that if you have a background, it appears in front of the second text box.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 22, 2018 at 11:45:05 pm

Mark, can you post a screen shot?

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Oct 23, 2018 at 12:17:59 am

Ok tomorrow morning, it's 1am...
BTW it seems the background going over the second rich text box is a known bug.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Oct 23, 2018 at 9:39:50 am

[Michael Gissing] "Mark, can you post a screen shot?"

Hi Michael,

I've uploaded a short video showing the bug.

https://videoblurb.com/mp/background-over-text-bug.webm

It seems I will have to create two text layers to do this ☹

Tx anyway,
Mark.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 23, 2018 at 11:52:17 am

I've emailed you a simple timeline with three different ways to do the text from your video.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:30:45 am

Can you share the solution with the rest of us?

Bob C

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:56:21 am

Hey Bob, I hope you're doing well!

The three solutions are all compromises (I am grateful to Michael for taking the time to help!!)

1/ you can have different fonts and sizes in one Rich text box, so if you can make that work, do... it didn't for me

2/ you can use two layers, one with text and the other with text and background (in premiere you'd still have to have two layers, one for text one for bg)

3/ use fusion to create whatever text you like!

that's pretty much it. in case you want it, rh mouse click to download from my site at https://videoblurb.com/mp/title4mark.drp

mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]