FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 14 weird red pixels

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fajar Damanik
Resolve 14 weird red pixels
on Oct 15, 2018 at 7:38:04 am

Hi,

We trying to figure what happen on our Resolve. There is a lot red pixels (2 sample images below) on dark area if we use LUTs (we tried lot of LUTs) on, and this is happen both on UI and broadcast monitor. And also on the final product (rendered). And this issue also happen on raw footage from different camera.
Sure this is not because the LUTs corrupt or something, since the same LUTs were fine on another version Resolve.

DaVinci Resolve 14.2
OSX 10.11.6
MacPro 4.1
GTX 680

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Resolve 14 weird red pixels
on Oct 15, 2018 at 8:03:27 am

It's either something with the LUT or your GPU is dying.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Oct 15, 2018 at 8:35:30 am

Quite a few LUTs "break" the image when they stress them out in unpredictable ways. I would bet that this is what's happening -- like something is clipping or crushing or otherwise exceeding normally-permissible levels.

I bet it is possible to get close to the same look without a LUT, particularly for a green screen image, if you really work at it. Sometimes, you have to do one correction to get the best possible key, then a different correction to get the best possible foreground. In some cases, a Layer Mixer might solve this problem.

Return to posts index

Fajar Damanik
on Oct 15, 2018 at 11:15:24 am

@Tero Ahlfors no need to mention my GPU, we know it 😅.

@Marc Wielage some times we switch to old Resolve (12.5), so we dont need to face this issue. But recently we need to keep our pace with Red Helium, we have to run v14, and we need to avoid using LUTs.

By the way, is not always red, on different image it appears in tosca.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 15, 2018 at 11:20:59 am

If you're trying to deal with high resolution R3D footage on that GPU then it could be the case that your GPU is actually dying or can't deal with the footage. I thought it might've been the broadcast exception warning but they shouldn't show up on the clip thumbnails.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]