FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting EXR from resolve as Lin NOT LOG

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran Nicholas
Exporting EXR from resolve as Lin NOT LOG
on Oct 11, 2018 at 12:23:01 pm

Hey all fellow cows in the pasture.

I have a problem (if it has been answered in another post please send me the link)

In short I am exporting exr sequences from Davinci Beta15, but the problem is they seem to be forced into a log space and not lin. I am not doing anything on the TL or applying a lut to change the footage as its been bought in. On export I am selecting EXR half (no compression). Again I am not applying anything to the shots before export.

When I pull them back into Davinci they look like the original files, yet when others look at the files in nuke its not reacting the way they would expect. Its showing as Log space and of course the image is washed out as you would expect from a log image.

I am confused as to what I am missing.

Original files are 4444 pro res shot on Alexa. I am too far down my pipe now to make changes but I would like to know what I am missing so next time I can get this right

Regards
One Confused Penfold

Live Long and Prosper

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Exporting EXR from resolve as Lin NOT LOG
on Oct 11, 2018 at 1:23:30 pm

You'll need to set the output to linear if you want them linear. You could use the Resolve color management to make the output gamma linear or add a color transform to your timeline/clips.

Return to posts index

Kieran Nicholas
on Oct 11, 2018 at 3:15:31 pm

Hey

Am I missing something in the export settings, or do I need to do this in the edit timeline before I export. I try not to apply luts to the origional 4k footage as I have 12 weeks worth of rushes, so you can imagine how many hours upon hours of footage this is.

Regards
Penfold

Live Long and Prosper

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 11, 2018 at 3:53:02 pm

Page 170 in the manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]