FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 15 Interlacing Issue During Export

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Resolve 15 Interlacing Issue During Export
on Oct 8, 2018 at 9:01:38 pm

I have a clip that's rendering as interlaced. The source clip is not interlaced.

The source clip is

ProRes 422
30fps

I tried to render it with these specs as well as ProRes 422 HQ and 444. I checked the "Field Rendering" button to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

As a workaround, I exported an XML to Premiere. But I want to switch to Resolve as my primary editing tool, and hope this doesn't make that non-practical.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Resolve 15 Interlacing Issue During Export
on Oct 9, 2018 at 2:14:07 am

[Lillian Young] "I checked the "Field Rendering" button to no avail."

What did you set your project settings to? You might be using a 59.94i setting rather than a 29.97p. I always start a new project by selecting the correct preset. I have made my own presets as the default is nearly always wrong. Also when you import the clip did it say the project settings were different and give you the option to change to match the original?

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
on Oct 9, 2018 at 1:00:41 pm

Michael - Thanks for swiftly responding.

I have no idea why I didn't initially get the unmatched project settings warning before. I am new to Resolve, but based on your questions, I started a new project, imported the same footage into the Media Pool and this time got the "different settings" pop-up. I tested a clip and it rendered properly.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 10, 2018 at 12:11:16 am

Resolve is reluctant to change certain settings like frame rate after a project starts. So all the more important to get settings right before starting the edit. Happy to help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]