FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy only selected nodes to another clip...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bojan Bojovic
Copy only selected nodes to another clip...
on Oct 5, 2018 at 10:24:17 am

Hello everyone,

I am looking on how to copy only selected nodes to another clip, but I am unable to find the way.

For example, I have 30 clips, and all of them have one node with color correction, but on my first clip I made some orange and teal setup, one serial, one layer node, and layer mixer, and I want to copy only those 3, without the first one which is just a correction, different for each clip.

Is this possible?

Thanks...

Return to posts index

Laurent Fluttert
Re: Copy only selected nodes to another clip...
on Oct 5, 2018 at 6:40:41 pm

I don't think there is a really easy way but I do it like this:
On a clip with the nodes you want to copy (plus other nodes), create a duplicate version of the grade (ctrl y on windows or command y on mac). Delete all the nodes you don't need and leave the nodes you want to copy. Grab this clip so that it goes into the gallery (ctrl alt g or command alt g). Go back to the clip and restore your original grade (several times control z or command z) or go back to your original grade (control/command n or b).
Now select the clips in the timeline you want the nodes copied to and in the gallery middle click on the grabbed grade or right mouse click and choose "append node graph". First option just makes a grade with the nodes you wanted, second option appends the new nodes to the nodes that might already be there.

Best,
Laurent

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Oct 6, 2018 at 6:51:41 am

Yes, this is one of those things that requires multiple steps (as Laurent says). It would be nice if we could highlight (say) 4 nodes and then copy and paste them, but that isn't functional. I don't think this works in Baselight, either.

I've gotten pretty fast at creating a new version, deleting all the knobs I don't need, storing the nodes left to a PowerGrade or a Gallery still, then going back to the original correction, moving to the next clip, and then previewing that correction. Operationally, this could be improved.

Return to posts index

Bojan Bojovic
on Oct 6, 2018 at 7:11:58 am

Thanks... I am starting to like nodes, but some things are not very well thought-out.
It is not just how Premiere does this kind of things, but any DAW or any other production software does this by default, it is very logical way of thinking that you can copy your edits/tweaks from one clip/region/file to another without needing too much clicks and drags.

I will try your way for sure, thanks for answering...

Return to posts index

Bojan Bojovic
on Oct 6, 2018 at 7:38:20 am

Well, after trying this workflow for a while I can say that his works really well. It is maybe not very intuitive at first, but it can be really fast, I can copy my grade nodes to all other clips at once.
For my brain setup it is not perfectly clear what those stills are for, but I will look at some tutorials on this subject.
Thanks again...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]