FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 15 - Relinking Optimized Media?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gene Strocco
Resolve 15 - Relinking Optimized Media?
on Sep 4, 2018 at 9:45:24 pm

Hello all,

New Resolve user here, and have a question about how to relink Optimized Media if Resolve can't "rediscover" them.

Working with RED footage on an older iMac, so I optimized all my clips to ProRes 422 HQ. Editing works fine now.

Had to go mobile on my Macbook Pro, so I took my external hard drive with me (with my Resolve project database, files, media and optimized media folder). Was able to Connect to my database and load all my related projects which was great. Only now I see my footage isn't utilizing the optimized footage I created (nearly 560+GB of it). So editing is prohibitively slow.

I tried to go into the Media Pool, right click on clips and select 'Rediscover Optimized Media'. There's a quick pop up that looks like its searching and then...nothing. It doesn't seem my optimized clips are re-linked (using the Media Pool LIST view to see that column status).

I made sure my Media Storage Locations were set correctly (even changing it several times to try different folder hierarchies.)

I don't want to delete my old optimized media since I'm hoping those will reconnect without any problems once I get back on my iMac.

So...does anyone know how to use existing Optimized Media files if Resolve can't 'rediscover' them?

Thanks so much!!

Gene

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Resolve 15 - Relinking Optimized Media?
on Sep 5, 2018 at 6:12:01 am

I haven't used the relinking optimized media feature a bunch but as a workflow thing: If you're making A LOT of optimized media that you want to move around it would probably be better to make proxies and have a proxy workflow instead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]