FORUMS: list search recent posts

h264 Master on Delivery page

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
h264 Master on Delivery page
on Sep 4, 2018 at 12:45:41 pm

I notice there's now another rendering choice on the Delivery page called h264 Master. It must be really new because it's not in the manual. Even the graphic for the delivery page doesn't show it. So what is its function? I tried rendering one "Custom" using my usual settings, and one Master, also using my usual settings. Mind you they both default to the same settings, there's no difference.

Final export resulted in both videos being exactly the same size, and took exactly the same amount of time to render. So, once again, I ask, does anyone know the purpose of h264 Master? I repeat, (Tero), there is no mention of it in the manual.
Thanks!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: h264 Master on Delivery page
on Sep 4, 2018 at 1:00:16 pm

When you select a preset you can see the settings it uses in the video and audio settings. Apparently it defaults to Quicktime H264 with a best quality setting instead of a constrained bit rate like in the Vimeo and Youtube presets.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Sep 4, 2018 at 2:40:17 pm

Right but it defaults to the same exact settings as Custom does. I'm trying to figure out what the point is of adding this "preset".

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Sep 4, 2018 at 3:57:23 pm

Well if you change the custom preset to something else and then want to use the H264 master preset at some point? It's just a preset that you can either use or choose not to use. Personally I wouldn't export anything H264 from Resolve to actual delivery. The quality ain't so hot.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Sep 4, 2018 at 7:13:03 pm

Yeah, I know, but it's good enough for what I do. Still don't get the difference between the two. I always change the defaults on Custom, and it always goes back to the defaults when I re-open Resolve. Same with the Master the two times I tried it, it just goes back to the defaults. It's like it's two of the same presets with different names. Oh well, thanks as usual for your help, Tero. Cheers!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]