FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make Davinci work like Sony Vegas?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Terrio
Make Davinci work like Sony Vegas?
on Aug 30, 2018 at 2:32:29 am

I know this sounds silly, but sometimes these programs can be very customizable, and it appears Davinci can. I really like some of the features on Davinci(the text maker is awesome), but I extremely hate how most of it controls. It's so unintuitive, it reminds me of Final Cut Pro before X(never used X yet)
I absolutely love how Sony vegas functions and works, has anyone found a way to make Davinci control similarly to Vegas?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Make Davinci work like Sony Vegas?
on Aug 30, 2018 at 3:16:42 am

In what way? You can change keyboard shortcuts. You can't change functionality.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Make Davinci work like Sony Vegas?
on Sep 2, 2018 at 7:31:31 am

[William Terrio] "I absolutely love how Sony vegas functions and works, has anyone found a way to make Davinci control similarly to Vegas?"
I think there's a point with any software where you have to have kind of a "Zen" attitude with it and just accept the way it was designed and go with the flow. They do allow you to choose keyboard assignments to work in a way similar to Premiere, Avid, and FCPX, plus you can customize it as Tero says above. I agree that there are aspects of the Edit page that echo the old FCP7, but I believe this is by design.

If you want something radically different, you can look at Baselight, Lustre, Mistika, Nucoda, Pablo, and Scratch, each of which has a different paradigm for editing and control response. There isn't necessarily one "best" way to do it; it's all a compromise in terms of what's already in your own head. My suggestion is to go through a Resolve tutorial from start to finish and see if it's possible for you to "unlearn" Vegas and adapt to Resolve. If after a few weeks you decide Resolve isn't for you, stick with Vegas. At least BMD allows you to try the basic version of the program for free for as long as you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]