FORUMS: list search recent posts

is it possible to copy a piece of stereo left track to stereo right ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
is it possible to copy a piece of stereo left track to stereo right ?
on Aug 25, 2018 at 9:30:12 pm

I have a stereo audio track I am trying to rescue. This is the problem, I had a short in the connection somewhere that cause clicks dead audio that inadvertently jumped from left channel to right channel but not at the same time on both tracks. So what I want to do is copy the good pieces of the left track to the right track AND the good pieces of the right track to the left.
I have tried to figure out how to do this in davinchi/fairlight. IS it Possible? I can copy entire track 2 to 1, but then i have the errors of track 2 and vise-versa. I thought about buying soundforge I know you can do it with that. I hope fairlight can do it ???
Thank You
Don

PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
3-4 TB HD
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
GTX 1080 8GB

IMAC Retina 5K 27in
4.Ghz i7 32gb Ram
AMD R9 M395X 4Mb
High Sierra

S Vegas P 13 & Vegas P15 - Adobe Production Premium CS6 - Edius WG Pro 8 - Sony Catalyst Production Suite - FCPX 10.4.3 - DaVinchi Resolve Studio 15

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: is it possible to copy a piece of stereo left track to stereo right ?
on Aug 27, 2018 at 1:55:25 pm

Is not possible, but there is a workaround, open the clips attributes and change the clips audio to mono and edit it as a mono channel put the output pan pot respectively to left and right accordingly to the desired output, now you can do whatever you wont with the tracks

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
Re: is it possible to copy a piece of stereo left track to stereo right ?
on Aug 28, 2018 at 11:29:37 pm

Massimo,
Got It- Thank You took some figuring but, got it and was able to rescue the Audio. I also ordered sound forge for MAC it will do what I need incase I need to do again!
Thank U
Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]