FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output saturration and color checker

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Kendall
Output saturration and color checker
on Aug 21, 2018 at 10:31:37 pm

I recently graded a piece of test footage from RED.
I set the process profile to be as is with red gama 4.
Once the clip was graded contrast and saturation looks more vivid than on output. I know that when going out to mp4 is a lower resolution than the original 6k R3D clip. But I feel like it happens with all footage wear I have the grade I want then saturation is lost in the out put clip weather it is mp4 or Prores. The delivery is only you tube or Vimeo however I want my movie to look as intended. Is there a proof tab so I can see what it will look like on export, or a way to boost the overall saturation on export without messing with the color wheels? If not this may be something resolve could include. The photos dont do the video justice but you can see the idea.

Secondly: The clip that I am using has a color checker that is vertical instead of horizontal. Seems that it is impossible for me to line up the color chart considering that I am not sure if there is a way to rotate it.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Output saturration and color checker
on Aug 22, 2018 at 7:55:55 am

[Nathan Kendall] "Is there a proof tab so I can see what it will look like on export"

Do you have an Blackmagic I/O device that's connected to a calibrated monitor? What are you watching your exports with?

Also:

[Nathan Kendall] "The delivery is only you tube or Vimeo however I want my movie to look as intended."

This is semi-impossible because colors can change depending on the OS, browser used and the straming service.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]