FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEED A SOLUTION: Having issues with importing .MTS files with iMACPRO and Da Vinci Resolve 15

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shyam Lala
NEED A SOLUTION: Having issues with importing .MTS files with iMACPRO and Da Vinci Resolve 15
on Aug 15, 2018 at 8:43:50 pm

I don't know if anyone else is facing this issue, but having severe problems reviewing .mts files and importing or editing them in Da Vinci Resolve 15, using and I Mac Pro. 32 GB RAM, Does any one have any solution other than having to convert all .MTS files. Please advise

The Machine crashed Thrice already have reset all the PRAM , NPRAM, SMC etc yet it has issues. Is there anyone who can help? Please Advice.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: NEED A SOLUTION: Having issues with importing .MTS files with iMACPRO and Da Vinci Resolve 15
on Aug 16, 2018 at 10:12:14 am

Are you using free Resolve or Resolve Studio?

Return to posts index

Shyam Lala
Re: NEED A SOLUTION: Having issues with importing .MTS files with iMACPRO and Da Vinci Resolve 15
on Aug 16, 2018 at 7:05:00 pm

Da Vinci Resolve 15 Studio Official Release. The program hangs while working with .mts files of Sony and Panasonic and have to force quit. Tried different GPU settings nothing works, it still freezes, don't know if the problem is with MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.06 the latest update, had a word with apple support they say everything is perfectly fine, which I'm highly doubtful of...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 17, 2018 at 2:33:02 am

Is your graphics driver up to date also? Resolve is GPU dependent so you might be maxing out your GPU causing the crash. I have noticed that I was getting a crash in 15beta6&7 when stabilising a program with grades & NR. Eventually the GPU would give an error message and I had to force quit. I'm on Windows but I suspect there might be a video frame buffer issue with 15 that shows up when the GPU doen't have enough onboard VRAM.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Aug 17, 2018 at 3:09:59 pm

Converting the MTS files to a simpler format (like ProRes 422HQ) is the best solution I can think of. MTS (MPEG Transport Stream) files are generally intended to be delivery-only formats, but I know that some AVCHD camcorders use it. I'm not a fan of this format at all because of the heavy compression. Some formats like this really tax the limits of the CPU even under the best circumstances.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Aug 20, 2018 at 11:38:15 am

Hi folks,

you just can't throw any compressed format onto the timeline, and expect everything works flawlessly.
If a project gets bigger your CPU will slow down and finally crashing.
Even pictures, for example png are critical. A proper 4k editing format works with over 400MB/s and not 50-100 MB/s.
For pictures I would go for a tiff file.
So first converting all footage into one editing format, then you can start editing.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Aug 25, 2018 at 2:16:22 pm

Regarding your suggestions to convert to ProRes,

are all conversion apps producing the same ProRes file (assuming you have preset the output, i.e. ProRes 422HQ)

Do some apps create better versions? if so... what would they be?

thanks,
Hal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]